-70° C Freezers
ULTRA-LOW TEMPERATURE WALK-IN FREEZER
CTS manufactures custom designed walk-in, ultra-low temperature freezers that are used for the storage of biological specimens or pharmaceutical products. Our walk-in ULTs are ideal for Repository applications or Long Term Storage and Shipping operations where the space and maintenance required for dozens of small reach units has become a problem. CTS walk-in ULTs will maintain the freezer chambers to a temperature as low as -80°C (-112°F) on a continuous basis.
The ULT Freezer is constructed from modular, urethane insulated panels with cam-locks for easy assembly. The support equipment for the freezer will include redundant, cascade refrigeration systems, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), and liquid nitrogen backup system.
The typical ULT Freezer includes a double wall design to prevent moisture on the outside of the freezer. A +4°C anteroom leads to a corridor that is maintained at -20°C. ULT freezer compartments are located on both sides of the corridor. The freezer compartments are accessed from the corridor so that personnel do not enter the -80°C space. The overall freezer layout can be designed to match your existing space to provide maximum flexibility.
- Independent, Redundant Cascade Refrigeration Systems utilizing Copeland Scroll or Bitzer Screw Compressors
- Liquid Nitrogen Backup System
- Dual Chamber Configuration for maximum ‘R’ value
- Redundant Gravity Cooling Coils
- Dry Air Purge minimize frost accumulation
- Allen-Bradley Programmable Logic Controller with A-B PanelView Interface
- Personnel Safety Alarms
- Yokogawa Temperature Recorder
- UPS for controls
- Oxygen Monitor