A/C System Test Bench and Calorimeter
Climatic Testing Systems, Inc.’s Automotive A/C System Test Stands are designed to test and measure the thermal performance of automotive air conditioning systems using actual system components as they would be located and used in the vehicle.
The System Test Stand uses different zones located within dual environmental rooms to simulate and control all of the different ambient conditions found in the vehicle. This includes outside air, under hood, front and rear HVAC modules and passenger cabin.
The refrigeration components are mounted in the same orientations as they are mounted in a vehicle. Penetrations between chambers are provided to allow usage of actual vehicle A/C hose sets that will match the components being tested. All components will be mounted on vertically adjustable carts to allow proper spatial orientation of the components. All of the carts except for the compressor drive skid include lockable casters that allow the user to move the components in the X and Z axis.
The air flow to the condenser and the front and rear HVAC modules are controlled and measured. In addition, DC power supplies are provided to operate and control the compressor clutch and the HVAC fans as they would be used in the vehicle.
The System Test Room loops are controlled by micro-processor based Process Controllers. The controllers include RS-232 communications capability. Data from all CTS supplied system sensors are collected by a National Instruments SCXI data acquisition system. CTS will supply a computer and supervisory control software written in Lab View to communicate with the PID controllers and to collect and report test room data. Hard wired safeties will be provided to protect the test equipment.
Download the A/C System Test Bench Data Sheet here
- Editing of test program
- Automatic test sequencing
- Loop calibration and calibration reports
- Hardware checkout routine
- Stability monitoring
- Real-time tolerance adjustments
- Real-time history graphing capability
- Automatic test report generation
- Data file management
- 2% agreement or better measured mass-flow cs. calculated mass-flow
- 1% repeatability of test results
- Passenger Car and Truck up to 6 tons
- Bus and Van up to 20 tons
- Manually controlled calorimeter
- Semi-automatic calorimeter with digital recorder
- Oil circulation control loop for real-time oil flow rate control